Synaptics Touchpad Drivers Issue / alternatively: PS/2 Touchpad Tap to Click Disable? MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE

J

JohannIX

Hello,

I have a MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE and everything was running fine until windows forced a major update to windows 10 in January. While everything installed correctly, I found that my mouse had lost sensitivity, it just didn't move the way that it did in the past. I lost precision whereas before I could use a feather touch to slightly move the pointer, now when my finger slows down, it stops short and it becomes frustrating to land on a specific spot.

I've:

1. Reinstalled/Uninstalled Synaptics, attempted to Use older drivers/Used Lenovo drivers and have attempted every suggestion I could search for.

2. Changed registry settings, changed unrelated settings

3. Attempted to totally remove synaptics all together.

4. Attempted to find 'windows 10 tweaks' programs to help with touchpad settings.

5. Been frustrated at the reports of precision touchpad drivers and other settings that my windows version lacks.

6. Searched these solutions.

7. Wrecked my registry which forced me to erase my system drive and reinstall windows 10 because whatever I did (this has happed twice when messing with synaptics) caused both my keyboard and mouse to not be recognized at windows login (I could plug in a external mouse which allowed me to move my pointer, but external keyboard did not work).

8. After formatting my drive and a fresh install of windows 10, I experience the same issue.

I know the issue is not my touchpad (hardware). The evidence is that if I use ps/2 mouse drivers, it works correctly but I cannot turn off the tap to click feature.

I want to use PS2 Drivers without tap to click:

1. How can it totally disable all tap to click settings so that I can us PS/2 Drivers without the troublesome Synaptics Drivers affecting my touchpad?

2. How do I completely eradicate Synaptics drivers (is there a total uninstaller out there?)

3. Is there a generic touchpad driver I can use that does not have a Tap to Click feature that I can use?

** Please do not point me to the 2015 solution that has this same description or any other solution about downloading/reinstalling the Synaptics touchpad drivers and/or using windows feature to turn off tap to click (I do not have any settings for touchpad outside of downloading the msi synaptics control panel from the windows store) which does not correct this issue.

Thank you for your time and expertise in assisting me with this issue.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom