Antimalware Service Executable High CPU usage ! HELP !

L

LeoLeon3

Hello,

I have windows 10. The main problem I encounter is that when I launch a game for example, the Antimalware Service Executable starts to use a lot of cpu usage (50-70%) and it makes my computer so slow that I cannot even start the game, giving me an error.

Sometimes it just starts to do the same thing by itself, without me doing anything.

This is what I tried :

1. Going to task scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Windows defender > Windows defender scheduled scan : I unticked high priority run and from the coinditions tab I unticked everything.

2. I went to Windows security > Virus & threat protection settings > Add or remove exclusions.

First I selected file and then I went to the location of this process, MsMpEng.exe.

It did not work. Then I selected process and I entered its name. It still did not work.

I am very nervous because my computer is running very slow during this process. When it ends (0-0.2% sometimes) everything is fine.

I have to mention I have pretty good components in my computer so this would not be a problem.

I have all windows 10 updates installed.

I did a lot of researches for 5 days on the Internet and I found this 2 Methods which did not work for me. One other method would be using Registry file which I do not prefer because I do not want to mess up anything. In addition, from Regedit I should have disabled Windows Defend completely which is not normal. I want my computer to be secured, but the Antimalware Service Executable not to use this high memory in task manager.

I also found that MsMpEng.exe could be infected with a virus and that is why it behaves like that.

I scanned my computer using a third-party Antivirus : Adwcleaner which is very good, but it did not find any threats.

I did a full scan of my computer using Windows Defender, it found 0 threats.

Should I run an offline scan ?

Please help me. I try to solve this problem and it became annoying. Do something, create an update to solve the problem, I do not know. Or tell me how to solve this but not by disabling Windows Defender, it is very important for my computer security.

Thank you for your time and sorry if I did gramatical mistakes.

Best regards,

Leo

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom