WS 2016 Standard, Active Directory installed followed by Server Essentials Experience, error.

M

MonarkeIV

Hello,

I am trying to get my Windows Server 2016 Standard running with the Server Essentials Experience.

I installed the DC/AD role, created the domain, forest etc. according to Kari Finn's tutorial from Windows 10 Forums:

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

I also added DNS Security using Sifad Hussain's tutorial:

Step by Step Implementing DNS Security in Windows Server 2016

After these were completed I tried to add the Windows Server Essentials Experience Role using the Server Manager GUI. After installation and proceeding with the post deployment configuration it continues but then errors at 89% with a general message of:

"An error occurred while configuring Windows Server Essentials. Please try again"

The Troubleshooting Windows Server Essentials Installation link takes me to a page:

"We're no longer updating this content regularly. Check the Microsoft Product Lifecycle for information about how this product, service, technology, or API is supported. " "This page was permanently redirected to docs.microsoft.com"

The link contains a laundry list of possibilities.

Was I to not to install the Domain Controller/Active Directory role, and only install the Windows Server Essentials Experience role?

Thank You

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom