How to Remove Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk or SSD

C

cocoa_star

Hello,

I downloaded the windows 10 files to an SSD I had for backup. I had to install Windows 10 on a usb or hard drive from an other computer because my laptop showed a stop code and was not working. I was told by Microsoft customer representative to download the software online onto a usb flash drive, however I didn't have a usb at the time so I used the SSD that I had. I transferred the files to another computer because I was told I would lose my files while installing Windows 10. After the software downloaded on my hard drive (ssd) I noticed the file size decreased to 32 gb (for the installation file) and I was shocked the size for my hard drive decreased. I would like to remove these installation files from my hard drive but I'm not able to. I tried to formal the hard drive by right-clicking USB drive from a different computer and clicking Format, however it just shows a 32gb folder as empty and I cannot retrieve the SSD's original size or transfer my old files back in there. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem, to remove the installer from the SSD/hard drive? Thank you.

I've read this

and this

Uninstall the Windows 10 Boot from External Hard Drive

but none of these helped. I don't want to lose this SSD or change its settings that will ruin the hard drive. I really need this drive for backup. Any help or professional advice anyone can offer would be great help.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom