Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown

A

AjayS2

Hi there, I'm using a dual boot setup with Windows 10 1607 LTSB and Windows 10 1909 on my PC. My PC rig is quite old:

Asus P7H55 M-LX board

Intel Core Xeon X3450

8GB DDR3

GTX 1060 6GB

I've been able to use the LTSB version perfectly(with latest Nvidia driver) without any issues but when I try booting up the latest 1909(I've also tried the LTSC 1809 but still have the same issue). The issue being while booting, the windows loading wheel spins and I get a freeze with the HDD light going solid. I'm unable to reset using the reset button/power button, I'll have to unplug and plug it back to restart. Ive tried reinstalling many recent versions of windows10 including the LTSC one but the issue still exists. Another thing to note is after reinstalling it boots fine until I install the latest Nvidia driver, after restart the issue comes. Out of maybe 10 or 15 failed attempts, it logins perfectly for once but then again after restart it happens again. Also safe mode boot seems to have no problem booting. My guess is the Nvidia driver conflicting with something which the later versions of windows have. Please help

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom