Laptop Slows Down After Being In Game For A Bit

L

Lexritz10

Hello everyone. I usually try to look up in the internet on pc issues and try to solve it myself despite only knowing your generic gaming related info. This time around, I can't seem to find out a solution. So for the first time ever, I decided to make my own question/thread/discussion

The issue starts around I think March-ish. So its been about a month. The problem I have is my laptop would at first when I enter a game. Any game at all, it would run fine. High graphics on most games and I get at least 60 fps. More than enough to play. The problem starts about probably 10 - 20 mins in, and my laptop would start slowing down very quickly. So much so that it becomes unplayable. It was dropping to around 10 - 20 fps (i'm not sure about this but its very choppy and unplayable). I tried dropping my graphics all the way to low and it didn't help at all. I tried reinstalling my games nothing. Scanning my drives for issues but it says there was no issue found by the windows diagnostic. I tried scanning for virus with Windows Defender and I did get a result of a Trojan file which I got rid off, still nothing. I also reluctantly tried to reinstall windows 10 to no avail.

My Laptop (Omen 15) Specs:

Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1909

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz

RAM 16 GB

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

I made sure to check task manager to see any software eating up my CPU/RAM and I don't think there's anything that stood out except maybe Chrome (please take this with a grain of salt as I'm not very knowledgeable on these things). My CPU sits at around 10 - 15% maybe even 20% on very rare cases and my ram sitting at around 30% most of the time.

I usually play online games particularly fighting games on steam, and I don't think they are particularly difficult to run. I would also like to note that before March, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any issues running these games on max settings with no noticeable frame drops. Thank you and I'm sorry for the long post

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom