Need help in connecting PS2 Keyboards on Windows 10

A

aliikhan

I have tried all the steps below and it still doesn't allow me to connect the PS2 keyboard

Can you please have Microsoft representative remote log into my laptop and fix the issue that I'm facing. Thank you

Method 1.

Plug the device and run the hardware troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Follow these steps:

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
  • Type troubleshooting in the search box and then press enter.
  • Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
  • Follow the On screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Method 2.

You may update the PS2 mouse driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Mouse” or “Mice and other pointing devices”.

3. Right click on the driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Further, you may also look for optional updates in Windows Updates to see if there are any additional updates related to this device and install them as required.

Method 3.

If the driver update does not help then I would suggest you to completely uninstall the USB driver and reinstall it to check if this helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the “Mouse” or “Mice and other pointing devices”.

• Right click on the device driver and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

• In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will force the computer to recognize any hardware changes. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Method 4:

1. Open Regedit.
  2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > i8042prt
  3. Set the default value for "Start" to 1.
  4. Restart your machine

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom