Speakers are crackling and has some noise

V

vixxsaj

Laptop Model: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5292NR

Originally, my laptop runs on Windows 8. Recently (April 9, 2020), I downloaded the Windows 10 Pro from MS official website and installed it on my laptop. My speakers were working fine. But as of the other day (April 23, 2020), after installing some Windows update, my speakers suddenly 1) stopped working but worked after restarting; then 2) the sound output is now crackling and has some noise that I couldn't even listen to music or watch videos anymore.

I tried the fixes such as:

1) Setting the Sound format to 16 bit 44100 Hz (CD Quality)

2) Updating the drivers:

2.1) Audio inputs and outputs > Speakers (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

2.2) Sound, video and game controllers > Intel(R) Display Audio - I updated the driver to High Definition Audio Device

Note: I even tried uninstalling this driver​

3) Troubleshooting the Playing Audio using the Windows Troubleshooter

4) Disabling the Exclusive mode from Speaker Properties

Note: I couldn't disable the Audio Enhancements because the Enhancements tab is missing from my Speaker Properties which was present before I did the Windows update.​

5) I downloaded and installed the Audio driver from Toshiba official website but I got an error message during installation therefore the installation was aborted. The error message was "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted."

Everything I tried did not work. And I dont know what to do anymore that's why I'm posting my problem here, hoping someone could help me.

Thank you!

Continue reading...