Yet more strange Display Behaviour (Win10, MS Wireless Display Adapter, SurfaceBook 2)

J

JonoSG

I recently got the MS wireless display adapter so I can use a 50" 1960 x 1080p HDTV as an extended screen for working whilst not sitting at the desk, I can sprawl on the couch and do my stuff - all works good. It's not great streaming netflix etc with the wireless display adapter and over wifi (audio lags a bit and get a little picture breakup) but I expected that so no issue, I also have a wired setup.

The set up is:

- Surface Dock

-wired HDMI (active mini display port to HDMI convertor)

- wired ethernet connection

The issue comes about when wired and I set the computer to Extend this display the TV gives a "can't display this video signal" error (it worked fine before I used the wireless display adapter and the extended display works fine with the HDMI wireless display adapter). also If I set it in windows to duplicate or display only on monitor 2 it works fine. So I am leaning towards this being a windows issue rather than a hardware or TV fault

I have tried swapping between HDMI inputs 1,2 and 3 on the TV, completely removing the Wireless HDMI adapter, changing HDMI cables and all firmware is upto date (including the TV) - so I can't quite work this out.

This is more of a niggle than a showstopper but I would be interested to know if anyone has come across this type of issue and how it was solved?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom