Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

H

HotmailUsername

I rather recently upgraded from my old single screen setup to a dual screen setup, but since then I have been running into an issue on startup:

When I boot my primary screen starts up, but my secondary screen seems to constantly connect and disconnect at a rapid rate, which is only indicated by its status LED turning off and on rapidly and the windows "connected/disconnected" sound playing all the time. This also resets the mouse cursor to the middle of the screen, rendering the pc workstation unusable until the issue is fixed.

My current workaround is as follows:

Before booting, disconnect the display port cable from my main screen. Boot. Both screens stay dark. Press enter and my login pin. After logging in wait until my desktop is viewable on my secondary screen. Now I can reconnect the display port cable to my primary screen and everything works. Obviously this is far from ideal.

Only turning off the primary screen power during bootup does not fix the issue, I have to physically disconnect the display port cable.

The reason why I assume it's an issue with Windows/Windows drivers is because I have a dual boot setup and when I boot into Manjaro I have no issues whatsoever with my screens.

I did update my graphics card drivers and uninstall and reinstall these as well, but no luck.

Possibly relevant Hardware:

Graphics card: Radeon RX580

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Primary Screen : BenQ XL2411P 144Hz monitor, connected via Display Port

Secondary Screen: Generic Medion Screen, 60 Hz, from a super market connected via DVI

Any help is appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom