Moving games, images and music onto the external driver without accidentally deleting an essential Windows file folder

M

Mr.Boy

ENGLISH

Hello Microsoft Team
I might speak bad at english because i'm italian so i'll talk it later in my mother language so the other collegues can help too.
I have my internal hard drive smaller than the external one and since it's starting to size up a bit the whole memory slowing down the whole PC, i might had the "great" idea about moving all up to the external driver...yes it might be a little pain about re-connecting all the applications to the external drivers since like "The following file in 'C:\Program Files\randomapplication1folder\savedata.ini' doesn't exist anymore" and so on about these problems that i know i will be onto to, but i know how to solve them mostly
The problem that its making me insecure about moving the files is "what if i move accidentally an important Windows file accidentally while i move the files from the AppData storage or the ProgramFiles(x86)
Note that i do know that the main folder to not touch absolutely is the "Windows" folder of C:\My Computer, im warning out that is not the problem so i won't look like a complete imbecil.
The files that i am moving from right now are from these folders:

• Program Files
  • Program Files (x86)
  • Users
    • [My UserName]
      • AppData
      • Other files

With that said, i am giving this question to you Microsoft team: "What are the files that i might not want to delete which may cause problems to my pc later onAn another point that i gave to myself is that i shouldn't delete any "Windows/Intel" related folders/files so this gives me a better first impression about how i can work on

If you require what are the infos about my PC (Intel version, Video Board, Windows version), you can go on and ask them about, i'm free for supporting out for this request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITALIANO

Salve Microsoft Team

Questa è la lingua in italiano quindi, siccome sono italiano, provo a fare la parte apposita della madre lingua, così anche voi Team di Microsoft Italiano capiate qual'è il problema
Ho il mio Hard Drive interno del mio computer con cui man mano si stà crescendo la sua dimensione, pertanto è quanto richiesto muovere i miei giochi, musiche e immagini in quello esterno, di cui è nettamente grosso rispetto a quello interno
Tuttavia, ci sono file di Windows in cui non so quali siano i fondamentali, cioè tutti quei file principali di Windows dove non si dovrebbe mettere mano
Notare che, per quanto ovvio possa sembrare questa frase, io so esattamente che qualunque cartella di Windows (Specialmente quella trovata nel "C:\Questo Pc" non si dovrebbe assolutamente toccare poiché sia l'ovvio mainframe del PC, quindi vi accenno questo punto per non essere visto come "scemo".

I file nelle seguenti cartelle che sto muovendo nel mio hard drive esterno sono in questi indirizzi:

• Programmi
  • Programmi (x86)
  • Utenti
    • [NomeUtente]
      • AppData
      • Altri file

A questo punto mi vorrei affidare al team di supporto di Windows (voi) dato che immagino avrete il catalogo per i file principali del sistema, mi volevo chiedere: "Quali sono i file da evitare di eliminare durante un trasferimento da un hard disk all'altro?"
Vi avviso che a mia competenza, so che non dovrei toccare nessuna cartella nominata "Windows" o "Intel", perciò ho un vantaggio in più nell'organizzazione

Se dovete chiedere le informazioni sul mio PC ve li passo senza problemi, a voi la risposta.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom