Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 intermittently disconnects and reconnects on select systems

R

Robb Manes

Hi there,

I have been using this Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so that my wife and I can play games on our TV, which I built a system for. Intermittently while we're playing, with either of our controllers (and if we're using two, both at once), there is a period of 10 seconds or so of disconnecting and re-connecting.

We also have an Xbox and four controllers; the issue happens with any of the six Xbox controllers in our house. Thinking perhaps the adapter was bad, I purchased a new one, and the issue persisted; but however, moving it to another system (entirely different build) doesn't reproduce the problem with either adapter or any combination of controllers.

The hardware description of the affected system is entirely accurate as of this PC Partpicker List.

Determined to try and figure this out a bit more, I launched Rocket League and drove around in practice until the issue occurred again. When it did, I noted the time, and went straight to the event viewer and saw the following at the timestamp when the problem started:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />
<EventID>411</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-04-23T16:47:45.433932300Z" />
<EventRecordID>571</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="468" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
<Computer>menzoberranzan</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">USB\VID_045E&PID_02FE\450752</Data>
<Data Name="DriverName">oem6.inf</Data>
<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</Data>
<Data Name="ServiceName">mt7612US</Data>
<Data Name="LowerFilters" />
<Data Name="UpperFilters">xboxgip</Data>
<Data Name="Problem">0xa</Data>
<Data Name="Status">0xc0000001</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Nothing else during that timestamps seems to correlate. This doesn't happen to our other system (my work/gaming rig), so I can't really compare.

I note these other threads which discuss this at length:

- Xbox One Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

- XBOX ONE WINDOWS 10 ADAPTER CONSTANTLY DISCONNECTS!! HELP!!!

- Fix: Xbox One Controller Disconnecting

None of them have seemed to help. I'm not a Windows user; I typically use Linux, so beyond the Event Viewer I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions? I'd very much like to play games with my wife while we're on the couch. Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom