Windows 10- WIFI Networks disappearing after 15-20 minutes with Wifi Adaptor needing a reset

A

AdarshMishra02

Hi

Having gone through a whole plethora of posts here and elsewhere on this, and yet unable to resolve my problem; I am hoping someone here would be able to help.

Problem context

I have a Windows 10 Desktop, with ALL the latest updates applied (last one being Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2) on 16-Apr-2020). It connects wirelessly to my Virgin media superhub, with two networks spawned: a 5 GHz one & a 2.4 GHz one. Since the last update was applied, the wifi connectivity on that machine has become totally a pain- with wifi connection dropping and All wireless networks disappearing in 10-15 minutes. things begin to work (for next 10-15 minutes) upon resetting the wifi adapter (Intel Dual band Wireless AC-7260); using the standard "Diagnose" option available on right clicking the adapter. the condition is same, irrespective of which network I connect to. This machine has a static ip on the router for the wireless networks to avoid any ip conflicts. All other machines in my home (2 windows laptops with similar updates, a macbook, iPads etc) dont seem to suffer from this issue. hence my deduction: the issue must be in this machine itself.

things tried thus far (without resolving the issue)

1. Updated the wireless adapter driver

2. Uninstalled device and rebooted the machine, with the device being reinstalled.

3. Removed the virtual network adapters (installed by NORD VPN)

4. Turned off Bluetooth

5. Tried start-up in repair mode

6. Ensured there is No connection sharing AND the machine is not set-up as access point

7. The check-box in power management is UNTICKED to disallow Windows turning off the wifi - though its reduntant; given that its a desktop machine- always plugged in.

Would really appreciate help on resolving this- as it has become really annoying to have to move down in the evenings ; just to restart the wifi adaptor on this machine; which acts as the media server in my house.

regards

A

Continue reading...