ASUS TUF A15 laptop with Realtek 8822ce wireless lan 802.11ac pci-e NIC slow 5ghz connectivity and intermittently dropping then restarting connection

P

PetesBliss

Hi, I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FX506II laptop. After boot up it is slow to establish a wireless connection to any stored SSID. Driver files used were the most recent from the ASUS support page (LAN_ROG_Realtek_DCH_W10_64_V1003710282019). Any speed test on the 5ghz WiFi is slow, I am getting a faster speed on the 2.4ghz network (which makes no sense). I have tried enabling and disabling the device, uninstalling and reinstalling it. The issue is easily observed when live streaming such as video conferencing (the connection will get dropped repeatedly) and I can see running apps that are logged in with system tray icons keep disconnecting and then reconnecting when the WiFi connection comes back up.

Access point is not the issue, no changes there and all other connected devices are working as normal.

A side by side speed test with my iPhone and laptop on the 5ghz WiFi network will get a 244mbps result on the phone and 18mbps on the laptop. Laptop was previously also recording a 200+mbps link.

I'm struggling to recall if it was a windows update or ASUS driver update that caused the issue.

Any help or troubleshooting tips appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom