Can't get screen to turn off when i close the lid. Tried everything please HELP!!!

• Thread starter Skill Surpassed
  • Start date
S

Skill Surpassed

Hi, (apologize in advance for being so long, I want to fully explain the issue though)

I recently bought a refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 on eBay and I love it, it's perfect all except for this one annoying issue! Whatever I try I can't get the darn screen to turn off when I close the lid!! When I close it, the screen and backlit keyboard just stay on like normal... I'm proficient in Windows; I started learning on v3.1 when I was a little kid and whenever a problem arises I enjoy the challenge to figure it out myself, but I got this laptop 3 weeks ago and this has been the one thing I can't fix, PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have windows 10 professional and its completely up to date. I've tried looking online for similar issues with no success. I've gone through ALL the settings as well as the ALL legacy settings, I've configured the power settings for battery and plugged in modes. I went through all of the advanced power options as well. I thought I had found it when I saw the "power button and lid" settings were set to "do nothing" when I close the lid, so changed those to sleep and still nothing happens... A friend recommend I go into "advanced power options> multimedia> when sharing media" and make sure "allow the computer to sleep" was set and still nothing. I've even gone into the Lenovo settings app that came with the PC.

I'm just so frustrated and I can't think of anything else to do! The only other possibility I could maybe think of is the guy I bought it from put on brand new housing as part of the refurb, so I was thinking that maybe he didn't connect a sensor or something. I'm not real familiar with how the screens on these are connected though so idk (the light sensor does seem to be working fine otherwise). He's a Lenovo technician and I could see he refurbishes and sells A LOT of Lenovo computers, so I imagine he knows how to swap the housing right, although everyone makes mistakes I guess lol. He's a really nice and helpful guy but since the sales long complete, I wanted to exhaust all other options before contacting him, however I will if no one on here can help me out.

Thank You so much, I really appreciate any help!!! (and for taking the time to read all of this! I'm sorry)

-Tom N.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom