My log on screen ONLY shows a deleted user's account. No other sign in options (mine and two other users) are available.

J

JeffAL

First off, I'm not really that savvy with computers, just the basics. That being said, my wife used the computer last. When I logged in hurriedly yesterday, it was rejected and for some reason, the screen prompted me to the screen with hers as the ONLY option to sign in. Mine and two other users did not show up (as usual) on the bottom left of the screen. I restarted many times but on each occasion, the same result: hers ONLY was the option.

So, I signed in to her account and me being the administrator, deleted her user account thinking that I'd restore it back later and hoping that it would somehow not show up any more and show different users options instead. However, the log on screen keeps coming back to her deleted account and since it already has been deleted, her password no longer works. Tried many, many times to go on safe mode with the power restart while holding shift key to do some corrective troubleshooting options but to no avail. My desktop is out of data storage so system restore and reset pc (with files saved) are not my options.

To sum it all up, I'm stuck with a deleted users account on the screen and can no longer access my desktop. I'd greatly appreciate any help you can assist me with.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom