Constant Blue Screen Problems - I need help, please.

E

Edgard_Carrijo

Hello everyone, I want to ask for help with a problem that has been plaguing me since October last year, when I bought my brand new notebook, Dell G5 5590.

I've been experiencing a blue screen problem whenever I'm playing, (more specifically the UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION), my Windows just won't generate the error report after the blue screen, it gets stuck at 0% for hours if I leave, then I can't exactly identify the problem, there is no dump.

I keep monitoring the temperature while playing, although I feel the keyboard hot sometimes, the temperature is always around 80º, at most 90º.

I have received support from Dell's warranty for the past few days regarding this, but nothing resolves. Dell support says it is likely to be something related to Windows. here's the list of things I've tried.

- Restore Windows installation, to reset to factory settings.
- I looked for problms running sfc / scannow
chkdsk / r, DISM commands, I ran all kinds of analysis and performance tools.
- Change of thermal paste.
- Test in different power plugs, playing without being plugged.
- Turn off fast startup, and sleep mode.
- No hardware problems were detected using Dell tests.
- Update BIOS, Drivers and Windows.
- The System is on an SSD and the games on another HD.
- Testing my SSD using Crystal Disk Info, the result was 94% health of the SSD.

- The blue screen always happens during games, no matter the game.

- There's no overclock

- I did an undervolt a long time ago (using ThrottleStop and MSI afterburner), but since Intel blocked undervolting. it was reverted to the factory settings and I uninstalled the software.

I have read in several sources that this error can be both software and hardware, the problem is that dump is never generated for the blue screens, it is locked at 0%, and this has not been resolved by restoring Windows. But I have been having it since the second week after buying the Notebook, I really need help to solve this, it has become more frequent. Does anyone have any light to give me? Please.

Continue reading...