0xC1900101-0x30018 error when in-place upgrading Windows 10 v1909

J

JSPacheco

Hello.

I am trying to do an in-place upgrade of my machine's installed OS: Microsoft Windows 10 v1909 (compilation 18363.836), using the latest Windows setup media.

I don’t have any antivirus/firewall program installed besides the default windows ones.

I ran the setup process from inside windows, and I keep the option to search for updates on and select to keep my apps and files.

During setup, after the first boot and at about 48% of the applying updates process, it gets an error, it shuts down, and when rebooting on, the machine reverts back to the previous state.

This is the error message dialog I get when logging back-in to Windows:

0xC1900101-0x30018

The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation

I have tried everything I know to resolve this:

- Did a disk clean

- Did a full a System File Check for errors: Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

- Did a Check Disk for errors

- Uninstalled all OEM device drivers (graphics, sound, etc...) and let Windows Update to install its-own versions

- Did a clean boot and, from there, ran Setup again

- …

But the problem is always the same 0xC1900101-0x30018 error.

Can anyone please analyse the C:\WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\ & C:\WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\ log files I send in the following OneDrive link, in order to discover what is preventing this update?

You can download the files from here: $WINDOWS.~BT

Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom