Laptop Bsod while plugged into charger (windows 10)

I

Intelligent-1

Issue: whenever the laptop is either booted up while connected to the charger, or connected to the charger after booting up, it will bsod anywhere from 0 to 30 seconds after the requirements are met.

System Specs:

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model: TUF Gaming FX505GT_TUF505GT
BIOS: FX505GT.303 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32618MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Minidump file located on onedrive, here:

BlueScreenView says it's caused by the driver ntoskrnl.exe at address ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510
A quick google search told me this is most likely an improperly set up graphics driver or a bad ram stick.
I had upgraded my Graphics driver (Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650) and that would explain the crashes to start with.
Needing new ram anyways (8GB), I also upgraded to 32GB (2*16GB Sticks.)

I've already reinstalled my graphics driver numerous times, and it's starting to annoy me that I can't resolve the issue.

I'm not comfortable with updating my own BIOS, and it's the same version as the latest provided by the manufacturer on their support site anyways.

Other sources have told me that this could also be from corrupted windows files, which I don't really get since the pc is only a few months old now.

I've run dism and sfc in the following order and found no integrity violations.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
sfc /scannow

At this point I'm just drawing blanks, I could really use some help from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom