Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

W

WhiteWolfman426

Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer.

So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position regardless if you own it or not. It's a programming error where even if you are marked as an Admin it doesn't work (I would assume)

Anyway, I was trying to help out a friend in trying the Quick Assist App provided by Windows. It came back with the following.

C:/windows/system32/quickassist.exe

A referral was returned from the server.

1. So then I tried running as administrator same code.
  2. Went into the application and changed all security setting to allow all access. Same code.
  3. I found out to get onto the hidden administrator tried to run it again. Same code.
  4. I tried fixing the Registry and Group Policy on the Hidden Administrator. Same Code.
  5. I effectively turned off/hidden the hidden administrator. Still the same error code.
  6. I tried fixing the Registry and Group Policy on my sole Administrator Account. Still the same error code.
  7. Followed this guy's YouTube video.
    View: https://youtu.be/G-SGne2JuLw
    Still the same error code.

Before you ask yes I restarted the comp several times to try and restart the system after each step but still no go.
So now what can I do to fix this? Better question what can I do to make sure I never encounter this issue ever again?

Also, if anybody from Windows sees this. Please pass the word along that this is a consistent issue that many users have. So please fix the messed up programing so your users don't have a hard time using your product.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom