changing a hard drive

B

bobpalmer1

i have an hp probook 6467b 64 bit and i have win 10 enterprise running now.

last Dec. i had win 10 pro running, it ran perfect. then i tried to get the fingerprint scanner to work, i was instructed on other forums to add tons of files. i did that and my pc locked up. so i created a media tool on a thumb drive and booted to that drive and did a complete reinstall of the os. after doing that i got the enterprise version, i had pro. then all hell broke loose. the pc would run slow, lockup, and the worst was the chrome browser would not do the spell check well after that reinstall. if I have misspelled words i have a time fixing them.

before that reinstall I never had issues with spelling. even now writing this the bad words so up and then go away. so you're going to see misspelled words as i fix them and they will show up after i post. so now i have uninstalled the chrome browser about 10 times and it still doe it. and like i said it never did that before i had to do the reinstall.

so what i want to do is just get another hard drive with the pro on it already and run with that. or can you tell me how to reinstall the pro version on this pc. the win ten forums do not seem to have any idea and give me tons of fixes that i try and do not work.

i went to the bios today and i do not see any choices for changing the hard drive to or from uefi to legacy and or back.

now i changed hard drives in the wife's pc and she has the same machine the hp ProBook 6764b 64 bit and she got the home version from ebay. i installed it and after 2 or 3 boots it just ran and runs perfect.

i think i got a bad reinstall the last time so i just want to get a hard drive with win10 pro on it already and run with it.

i just did the memory test and hard drive test in the bios and they passed. so that again makes me think i got a corrupted os int he last reinstall.

thanks

so I just found a ext. for chrome to see if that works for spelling. let's see how many words it fixes.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom