Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming

R

R3gentry

Hello,

This issue has been asked to death on various forums but I've tried many solutions and have failed to find a fix for my recent ping spikes.

I have been experiencing ping spikes of around ~2000ms occurring 2-4 times every minute after I start gaming. The games are all different and have nothing in common with each other. Discord voice chat is also affected and lulls in otherwise noisy conversation coincide with lag ingame, so I know it is a problem on my end.

ca5fcdcf-25da-4085-a3ed-3e44d6f47040?upload=true.png

Here is an example of my problem while ingame. The ping spikes usually coincide with my network adapter failing, however numerous solutions I've found online have failed to address the problem. I have used tracert and confirmed that it is my connection with my router that is the problem rather than something on my ISP's end.

SOLUTIONS THAT DID NOT WORK

Command Prompt:

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="name of your wireless network here"

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
NETSH winsock reset catalog
NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log
NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset

NETSH INT IP RESET C:\RESTLOG.TXT

NETSH INT TCP SET HEURISTICS DISABLED

NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL AUTOTUNINGLEVEL=DISABLED

NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL RSS=ENABLED

Network adapter:

• Uninstalled driver then restarted computer
  • Updated network adapter to a driver dated 2/21/2020
  • Rolled back driver to 3 older drivers on my computer, the oldest dating back to 2018
  • Unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  • Disabled IPv6
  • Enabled IPv6

Computer in general:

• Updated BIOS (this was before the issues cropped up)
  • Updated Windows 10 Home to version 1909 (this was while I was having this issue)
  • Disabled P2P updates
  • Reset Windows Firewall
  • Disabled OneDrive

As of writing this question I have come across a recommendation to disable Autodesk programs on my computer; I will do so and edit my post accordingly. There are many other things I have tried that I have forgotten, as this has been a constant problem for around 3 weeks now. Thank you, please do not hesitate to ask any questions about my computer or what other solutions I have tried.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom