New M.2 SSD clone offline and can't bring back online

S

sballard214

Hi,

Fairly new to tinkering with the insides so apologies if I seem a little vague at times.

I inserted the WD 240gb in the m.2 slot and formatted it using disk management tool. I formatted it as GUID rather than MBR as I read this would be better (possibly where i went wrong?)

I then used Minitool Shadowmaker for the cloning as read that I could clone a 1TB HDD onto the 240gb easily enough.

The clone was successful however when I rebooted the pc I had both drives still in place, so think I created some sort of conflicted copy on the SSD which was then marked offline and not visible in explorer. I clicked 'online' in Disk Management but get the error 'The parameter is incorrect' in a Virtual Disk Manager pop-up window.

I have tried removing the HDD and booting solely from the SSD but it doesn't get past the HP recovery blue screen.

I have tried removing and replacing the SSD and re-cloning it but still the same.

Tried to use diskpart to clean and start again but wouldn't let me clean an offline volume.

So that's where I'm stuck and out of ideas, any help greatly appreciated.

HP15-bs150SA

Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362

HDD is ST1000LM035-1RK172

SSD is WDS240G2G0B-00EPW0

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom