Frequent BSODs even after clean install

D

darkest.white

Hey everyone,

Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however lately my computer has been giving me nothing but trouble.

Basically I am getting random BSODs, several unique ones, also random freezing. Rebooting the computer fixes this, however it tends to happen at least once a day, today was 3 times.

I have done a clean install of windows a few weeks ago to try to resolve these issues, installing the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, latest bios and all and if anything it seems to be getting worse.

I ran DDU Uninstaller for my GPU drivers and reinstalled a couple weeks ago as well.

I have still yet to do a memory test on my RAM, i ran intel's diagnostic tool for my CPU which passed.

My last BSODs:

On Sat 5/23/2020 6:43:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052320-7625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys (0xFFFFF80028D28DF8)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80028D28DF8)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB XHCI Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sat 5/23/2020 6:43:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys (0xFFFFF80028D28DF8)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80028D28DF8)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
description: USB XHCI Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sat 5/23/2020 3:29:46 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052320-8046-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFAC050A036850, 0xFFFFAC050A0367A8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/10/2020 6:18:49 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051020-7718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (0xFFFFF807093BA320)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF807093BA320, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 5/5/2020 6:26:36 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050520-7953-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFF8000F82A2B0, 0xFFFFF8000F82A208, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 4/28/2020 8:17:57 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042820-7906-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80729E70705)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80729E70705, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.87
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.87
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.87 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Note that when the system freezes, no dump file is created. Also the usbxhci.sys issue is new, I was running the latest drivers from manufacturer for my USB PCI card, however since the BSOD I uninstalled the drivers and let Windows update replace them.

Specs:

i7-4770k

16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM

Samsung Evo 960 500GB, a samsung Evo 850, and a couple HDDs

RTX 2080

1000w Antec psu

MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition Mobo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom