Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

A

AbhijeetBafna

I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations -

1. Windos 10 Home Single Language (Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836)
  2. Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz
  3. 12 GB RAM
  4. 16 GB Optane Module
  5. 1 TB HDD

The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It started lagging and in every 2 -3 seconds it gets stuck. The cursor just freezes and nothing is operational, even Alt+Tab does not work during this freeze. Also, the applications start showing 'not responding.' The windows will automatically shut down/restart randomly showing a blue screen and displaying the msg 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.' The stop code changes everytime but most frequent stop code which I have seen is "Memory Management."

I have already scanned the disk using the cmd, also I did the clean installation of Windows 10 6-7 times because everytime the windows was freezing a lot. I tested different things. Used a few clean installs of Win 10 without installing updates and in a few cases I installed the updates. Currently I have all the updates installed and in all the cases, I had installed the drivers listed on the Asus's website for this model. I have updated all the system drivers. Have not installed any third party driver.

Also, the disk usage keeps on rising from 0 to 100 percent and dropping from 100 to 0 percent constantly. I downloaded the Win 10 from that media creation tool. I download the iso file. I have tested it in Virtual machine and other laptop (borrowed one with just 2gb ram and intel celeron dual core processor). The Win 10 seems to work without any issues on those machines quiet smoothly and without any random freezing.

Also, my laptop's hardware is not damaged at all. It is normal and I have tried all the troubleshooting methods mentioned in other discussions on this forum as well as other forums. I have not intalled any software other than firefox and I do not think it is creating problem. Because, with chrom also the result was same. With no programs installed also the result was same. I do not know where the problem is then.

Regards

Abhijeet Bafna

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom