Windows 10 Pro Media Problems

D

DaveAsh1

Hi Microsoft community;

I am hoping to highlight a problem I am having with Windows Media player, or other Media Players. I have an HP Probook 6440b laptop. It is circa 2012 and the Graphics is Intel HD Graphics a 32 Bit display. I upgraded to Windows 10 pro, and since I have had several updates, the Video playback, is failing. The issue is the drivers likely as it appears HP does not have this Model on it's Driver update list, and therefore did not support the move to W10 and Intel also have no Drivers listed that I could find on the Downloads site for Intel.

I am using the W 10 Pro 64 bit OS, and this was upgraded from W7 Pro 64 bit. I have tried the following. Device Manager Display Driver update, to only learn that W10 lists this as the most up to date drver. The Chipset is an Intel i5 dual core. It is a good machine with little use and I use it to play Instructional music videos, but the laptop is almost unmarked and in good shape.

I have also tried to Refit or Restore the OS on two occacions, and no luck. I also changed the Default Media settings to VLC and Media Player to see if this would help.. no luck.

Here is what happens.... Once the Video is selected both the Volume box forms a square and back spaces quickly to stop the use of the feature. The Video feed is the same... try to repeat a portion of the Video the cursor just immediately starts to backspace and actually runs backward through all the files... Sometimes the character input into passwords skips around. I have tried checking the Synatic Poining device, but I am informed it is up to date, drivers etc.

I would appreciate any comments of feedback, that the community can offer, and wish all a great day with some good luck too.. Thanks Dave

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom