My mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting - temporarily freezing

A

abbysnyder

Hello, for starters, I have been dealing with this issue for months, so bear with me as I explain what I have already tried for troubleshooting.

I am running Windows 10 Pro on an MSI gaming computer (GS65, 6 cores, GTX 1070, 32 GB DRAM, 1TB SSD) and I use an external usb mouse & keyboard.

I keep getting the "chime" that the mouse has disconnected, it freezes just for a moment or two, then reconnects, and it does this every 15 seconds or so. It does this WHILE I am using it, not just when idle.

I have tried the following but no luck:

Replaced the mouse

Changed USB ports

Bought a powered Anker USB hub

Unchecked all the power management options for USB devices

Disabled selective suspend via Power Options

Uninstalled/Reinstalled/Updated HID mouse drivers (it says its using most current drivers)

Checked for updated drivers from Logitech and Final Mouse

Tried running scans to detect issues but none detected

Restarted PC so many times I can't count

Checked for windows updates every day

Tried to eliminate Electro Magnetic Interference (although I have no idea how to do this, besides turning off lights, because I don't have external fans, but I do have the external HyperX gaming keyboard and headset, but I need those) and this all worked fine for the first year I had the computer, it's not like I added a component and then this started happening

Sometime around December 2019 I got a blue screen. I was able to restart the PC and it never happened again, and I dont remember if this mouse issue started before or just after this event, but it was the same timeframe.

The only thing I can think to do is wipe my computer and start fresh. However, I bought it with Windows 10 Pro installed and I am worried I won't be able to get it back. Is it possible something is corrupted and restoring the PC would fix it? If I do that, do I need a license key or copy of windows 10 Pro? I can't find specific advice online.

Any advice/suggestions for me? I have thousands of dollar invested in this PC and I am at my wit's end.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom