Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - Error 0xc1900101 Lenovo Desktop PC Y900

R

ReconLegend

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - Error 0xc1900101 Lenovo Desktop PC Y900

Hello everyone I'm trying to update to the latest version of windows 10 version 2004 but after trying 3 times, 2 times using windows update and a third time using windows 10 update assistant.

1 of the attempts it said it was rolling back.

1 thing i noticed was after my computer restarted it just sits at the bios screen where it just says Lenovo doesn't even, have the Energy Star logo at the lower left bottom of the screen, even after i waited awhile so i had to push the button, to shut it down and then i waited for several minutes before booting up again after that it took several minutes before, i could enter my pin to login. That happened with attempt 1 and attempt 3 Attempt 2 is when it rolled back.

Another thing that I've been wondering about is when i restart my computer it turns off and the screen goes black and then shows the Bios logo Lenovo but then goes black again for 5 secs and then shows the bios logo Lenovo and then continues on to then boot to windows, 3 years ago (around 3 years i got it in early 2017) when i bought this computer it didn't do that but somewhere down the line with updates and driver updates it started doing that. If anyone can tell me if that's normal that would be good to hear. I should also note that startup time was 15 secs (up to 15.7) These days its more like 24.5 and 25 secs.

I did look up some info on google and as i understand it's a driver error however no devices are yellow banged in device manager. Also the only drivers I'm missing are 1 for dolby audio and a firmware update tool (when i attempted to install the firmware from lenovo it said it couldn't update my firmware as it wasn't allowed or something like that) as for the dolby audio i like the way my sound is right now so i don't want to take a chance and install that driver yet. If those are the reasons why i can't update to 2004 then I'll install the dolby audio driver but the firmware update tool I'll need help with because it wouldn't let me last time.
The firmware update tool is called >
Consumer Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Tool for Intel SKL and Kaby Lake - ideaCentre, ThinkCentre
Consumer Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Tool 11.8.77.366409 Apr 2020

When i do a scan on their website it says the only driver I'm missing is a chipset driver that is old and Microsoft
has placed a newer version on my computer its called >
Intel Serio IO driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Desktop
Intel Serio IO driver30.63.1519.0717 Jul 2016
I even tried to install it though their driver program and site but it won't install because Microsoft installed a newer
version so that drive is pointless to try and install.

I used check disk to check for hard driver errors - they're are none.

I used sfc scannow and the dism commandline and everything was good for that.

I disabled norton internet security and unplugged anything that might interfere with the update process.

I really don't want to reset but if i have to i will in the coming days.

I uploaded my logs if anyone has any idea as to why I'm getting the Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 (2)
Last failed install attempt on ‎5/‎28/‎2020 - 0xc1900101 error then please let me know.

> https://mega.nz/file/3fB0jCLC#cSdK6NXn0-8w6FND0-iTVIDjVfP2nf21XQmgY8GYsUo

My computer has also sent the errors to Microsoft as well according to Reliability Monitor in the classic control panel.

Additional info:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 1909
Installed on 6/17/19
OS build 18363.836

I should also note this:
When i log in to Lenovo and go to Product Home it says this >

End of Development Support

This product is no longer being actively supported by development (End of Development Support) and no further updates will be provided. Any resources provided by Lenovo for this product are made available “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. In no case will Lenovo be liable for the failure of any provided resources to function as expected or intended and the loss of, or damage to, data.

Specs:
Here are my Desktop Gaming Computer Specs:
Computer name: Lenovo Desktop PC Y900 > Full name Lenovo Y900-34ISZ Desktop (ideacentre)
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR4
Storage: 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD
Optical Drive: DVDRW
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X Founders Edition
Power Supply: 625W
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Communications:
WLAN: 802.11ac Wireless LAN
Bluetooth: Yes
Card Reader: 7-in-1 Card Reader
Cost: $1,806.99

If you need anymore info let me know and thanks for taking the time to help me, I've never had any update issues with
this computer before so any help i can get i would appreciate it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom