Display Issue with windows Laptop

N

NathanielPrice1

Hello,

My name's Nate. Recently I've been having a very specific display based glitch with my system that started earlier this week. I've only been able to observe two similarly, possibly linked examples of this bug, and while it's not a major hindrance I'm worried what might come of it.

The first instance occurs when outside of fullscreen in YouTube. In the section where videos would normally play, their is a small horizontal black line that appears across the screen. Attached is a sample image of this phenomena. The strange thing is that it only occurs when the overlay appears, and when it is outside of fullscreen. This does not occur with other websites players nor does it occur when the video is set to fullscreen. It occurs only across the are of the video player as well (not across my whole screen). This has lead me to believe that it is a software glitch of some kind, but I have no idea what kind.

The second instance occurs with a specific game, and it is so specific I am unsure of how helpful me mentioning it will be. Basically, their is an object in the game that utilizes a screen (similar in a way to a video player, and by that I mean am area within my monitor for hosting moving videos or images that has the overlay for the play button as well as settings and such) and that object has a vertical black line running through it where it once did not have one. These issues appeared at relatively the same time so I am unsure if they are related.

I tried reinstalling my video drivers, as well as any display adapters I had, but nothing has worked. I don't think its a hardware issue, as usually hardware issues affect the entire display rather than specific parts in software.

If anyone has a potential solution I would be in their debt.

Thank You!

3919d567-a50a-4e77-b680-1185b7d864db?upload=true.png

(might have to zoom in to see it in the photo but its towards the bottom darker area)

Next, the game issue. This is how the object should look (bottom left)

e1682ba8-8bf4-4ba3-8f83-b8c247f6ab72?upload=true.jpg

Yet this is how it appears (it has a line through it).

0d47f33d-bebd-4a52-9957-febf2f0392d7?upload=true.png

I'm really confused as to why this is happening, and would appreciate any assistance, thank you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom