Loss of internet and acces to network settings

M

McCampins

Hello everyone!

It's been a few weeks and this problem has happened enough times to not consider it a random occurence. I'll try to keep it brief and simple.

Basically at random intervals (I've tried to find a pattern to no avail) my wireless internet connection will go out. I've tried having other devices connected to the same wireless network, and at those times they still have internet access. The weird thing is that when I press the wifi icon on the bottom right tray, it loads for a long time, and finally shows no wifi networks availables. Not only that, if I try to open the Network Settings, the pop up window freezes and gest stuck loading. I can't access anything network related in windows 10, which makes debugging and finding out what is going wrong very hard.

If I restart the computer, the problem always gets fixed. At times, the Network Adapter Troubleshooter can find something wrong, restart the network and fix the problem as well, although most times it won't find anything wrong and will force me to eventually restart.

I've tried to reinstall drivers, repair system, change power settings, reset the network adapter through the command line, and countless things more. Nothing has worked so far. There'll be days where I get no disconnects, and others where it's a constant issue happening every half an hour or so.

Having a wired connection is not an option for me, and though it is a very general and abstract problem, I do feel like there are some aspects of it (specially the fact that I can't access any type of windows 10 network settings) that should hopefully sound familiar or ring a bell to some of you.

Thank you very much :)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom