Windows isn't recognizing my CD/DVD Player (June 2020)

M

MGB65

...and it's VERY frustrating!

I have an ASUS G752VT laptop running Windows 10 (1909). It has 16GB of memory, and the system type is 64-bit OS. When I start up my computer the cd drive makes a sound indicating it's going to work. I go to "This PC" and click on DVD RW Drive (E:): It says to insert a disk and opens the little drawer.... There's already a dvd inside, however. I push the drawer back in and go to Windows Media Player. WMP doesn't indicate anywhere on the interface that there's a cd in the drive. It just has old videos there that I can watch.

Some of my USB ports don't function either, actually. I have 4.

I spent a few hours going into the BIOS or whatever and disabling and enabling things in there such as Launch CSM and Boot Options, etc. Nothing helped. I looked under "Device Manager" and it lists "DVD/CD-ROM drives > TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-228GB".

When I right click on TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-228GB and scroll down to "Properties" it brings up a box, and under "General" the Device Status says "This device is working properly". Under "Driver" I see the "Driver Date" is 6/21/2006 - ugh. That doesn't seem good. When I click on "Update Driver" it says I'm up to date.

I click on "Events" and under "Information" it has this:

Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_TSSTcorp&Prod_CDDVDW_SU-228GB\4&e84421f&0&010000 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_TSSTcorp&Prod_CDDVDW_SU-228GB\4&e84421f&0&010000

Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0x0

Present: true

Also, under "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers" there isn't a CD/DVD drive listed.

*sigh*

THANKS for listening!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom