Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them

S

Stealthunt3r

I'll apologize ahead of time if the category is wrong and such. Have a bunch of weird issues I have been trying to fix for the last 6 hours for a game I just wanted to try out. So sorry it they're marked incorrectly.

I Installed Phantasy Star online 2 through the Microsoft store. Everything was fine until I changed the graphics settings and then the game threw me an error when I tried to play. Went to the Windows app folder and when I tried launching it through the folder I got told I didn't have permissions which I don't understand why seeing how my account has administrator and everything else was working fine. I spent some time trying to fix the permissions I thought my account already had and then the Microsoft store stopped opening. It would launch and then immediately close. Eventually I couldn't open any other folders in the WindowsApps for a bit but I got around it to an extent. Any Microsoft Apps like the Store, Xbox companion app, Skype, all of them will launch and then immediately close. It's only Microsoft apps like those that don't work. Everything else on my pc launches fine and I have permissions. However, If I move something out of any folders in WindowsApps, I can't move them back. There's also an issue of when I switch permissions around and apply it, I get errors saying it can't give permissions to certain files.

Eventually I decided to just delete the folder with Phantasy Star but now I get an error 0x80070780 cannot be accessed by the system when every other folder in there I can open. Even resetting the apps don't work at all either. So I thought I would uninstalled the store next, however I didn't realize there was no way to download an .exe or .msi to reinstall it so I have zero ways of accessing the store(unless I missed something hopefully?) or I believe the need to reinstall windows 10 in which case that is completely and utterly ridiculous.

I've tried changing permissions, tried to assign groups to have admins via cmd and powershell, but being told they have it already or access is denied. I signed into a different account with admin and still the same thing. The last thing I want to to do is reinstall windows 10 and/or have to wipe my PC. Everything else is working fine and I have permissions and such. I've looked stuff up and things that could possibly resolve it don't work or I don't have the permissions on an admin account.... I have no issue of just never using those apps again at this point. But does anyone know anything else that I can maybe try or do other then reinstalling everything. I wouldn't be against making another account if I could merge my accounts together, but that option is grayed out for me. Never really had any issues with windows 10 other then an odd update or two messing messing with my pc. Is there possibly anything else I can possibly try to resolve this?

Thank you ahead of time for any assistance that's provided!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom