One Drive has mixed up vaults of family members winding up in all of organizers vault being lost

M

marleneburton

I created a family using microsoft family safety I made myself the organizer I created an account for my handicapped son He was sent an email by microsoft and accepted the invitation to become a family member

Then, I decided to upgrade my office 365 from one user at home to a family so my son could have his own space on one drive

I kept getting an error message telling me I had to log on in his account from his device go to family find myself then accept myself (this did not make sense because I was the organizer and he was a family member and he had already accepted my invitation)

So, I called chat support By this time my son's device is in COVID lockdown with him and I am teaching him how to use it using TeamViewer from my laptop in my home

Technician said I needed to download Office on his device so he could have his own space on one drive (as part of the family of users)

She helped me go on his device from my device and install office

Then, she helped me creat a onedrive for him

Then she decided to share all my one drive with him I did not want this but it was too late

So, he had all my medical and legal files on his device which is accessible by the people who care for him (The ones a lot of my medical and legal letters are about)

I explained this to her and she then opened up two different one drives showed me there was the same in each of our one drives

She said I just had to delete the files I did not want him to have from his onedrive. I did this

Before I did this I asked if the sharing had shared my vaults etc

She said his vault was his vault and mine was mine

His desktop, documents etc were his own (even though we had shared these from my one drive)

Turned out this maybe was not so

I deleted my files from his onedrive Then I deleted them from his wastebasket (so his group home could not access them from there either)

Then I went to my onedrive. I checked a few folders and they seemed fine - I checked my vault and all my stuff was gone In fact I had to log into my vault with a password and then after I opened it up I had to log into his vault (inside) my vault with a password All my files were gone except for a few that I had in the documents folder

Now when I log into my computer as myself and right click the onedrive icon on the left side of my task bar - it opens up his vault

When I log into things like this site - it identified me as account manager for him.

When I log into things as myself - it shows his picture instead of mine

I am completely confused

I really need help urgently

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom