Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound

• Thread starter JorisDecraecker
  • Start date
J

JorisDecraecker

Since I've bought my new laptop (specs below), I keep getting this issue with my bluetooth headset.

I don't know the exact timing, but after a while when there is no sound on the laptop, the headset will automatically disconnect. After about 3 seconds, the headset will automatically reconnect.

This will continue as long as there is no sound on the laptop.

So let's say I play a song, then the headset will automatically reconnect (if disconnected due to this issue) and it will keep working. The moment I stop the sound again, a few seconds later it will just happen again.

Things I've tried

1. I went to Device Manager and located the bluetooth adapter (which is a Realtek Bluetooth Adapter). In energy management I adjusted the settings e8f74c6a-8054-4b9b-ab73-09845908814e?upload=true.png
  2. I went to services.msc and I changed the Bluetooth Support Service startup type to Automatic b6771dfe-9b7b-44c0-832d-7607c82b5292?upload=true.png
  3. In msconfig I turned off every single non-microsoft service and in taskmanager I turned off every single startup. After a reboot, still the same.
  4. In the Bluetooth settings I completely removed the connected device and re-paired it.
  5. installed all updates
  6. Removed the Bluetooth driver from the device manager > Realtek Bluetooth Driver > properties > drivers > Remove device. After a reboot, still the same.
  7. Tested it on a Macbook pro and the issue doesn't occur there. I don't have another Windows 10 to test it on.
  8. I tried to use the system recovery tool, but the only point I had, didn't give me the result I wanted.

Specs

Laptop:

- Lenovo L340-17IRH

- i5 9300 @ 2.4Ghz

- 16GB RAM

- Windows 10 Home version 1909, 64bit

- GTX 1650

Bluetooth headset:

- Beats by Dre - Beats Solo³ Wireless

- Fully charged

If there is anything else I'm forgetting to write here, feel free to ask and I'll add the details asap.

And I'd rather not do a full reset of the Windows 10, as it seems to much.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom