Autocorrect not working in formatted documents

J

JRoeder

I am working with Windows 10 and Word 2016. My autocorrect is not working properly. This was not a problem until 2 days ago. I have no idea why it suddenly started acting up. When I open a new Word document, my autocorrect works fine. But I use a lot of different documents, with different formatting, (headers, indents, spacing, tabs, etc.). I have these documents saved as a template so that I don't have to recreate them each time. All documents have different formating. If I use an autocorrect in the space of the document where formatting hasn't begun yet (at the top), then autocorrect works. As soon as I hit the part with the formatting, autocorrect does not work properly. For instance. I have an autocorrect mm; for mm-hmm. (I use the ; after an entry so that it doesn't affect words such as a, I, etc. I have done this for years with no problem.) I also have an entry m; for MALE (with tab after). When I use mm; in the formatted document it automatically expands to mMALE. It does not recognize the mm; for mm-hmm. But, as I said. This only happens inside the formatting portion of the document. EXAMPLE:

What it should be:

Q: Is that what you said?

A: Mm-hmm.

What I get:

Q: Is that what you said?

A: mMALE: (tab)

As I said, this works fine on a completely blank document. Autocorrect is perfect. When I open my saved template documents with any kind of formatting autocorrect goes haywire.

Please help. This is of utmost importance. And thank you so much for your time.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom