Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

A

ArminatorX

I'm a German, learning Japanese as a hobby, and until recently, I could write Japanese text via the Windows 10 Microsoft Japanese IME, switching between Hiragana and Katakana with the keyboard shortcuts "CTRL+CAPSLOCK" or "ALT+CAPSLOCK" respectively.

In the May 2020 upgrade to Windows 10 Ver. 2004 it seems the IME has been renovated, and the keyboard shortcuts I learned don't work.

I also can't find in the documentation how to easily switch between Hiragana and Katakana input anymore. And the help page for the Japanese IME (https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/4462244/microsoft-ime) is yet beyond my Japanese abilities. And after using the translation feature in Edge, I can't really find any mention of keyboard shortcuts.

The modern settings for the IME mention a "Muhenkan" key to switch between Hiragana/Katakana. But since I use a German keyboard, I probably don't have such a special key.

So, has the keyboard shortcut for CTRL/ALT+CAPSLOCK been completely removed, or is there a new keyboard combination to switch between Hiragana and Katakana?

It's really bothersome to use the mouse to switch between the two character alphabets.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom