CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Event 64 issued by is no longer available

B

BrentCook

Event ID 64

Certificate for local system with Thumbprint is about to expire or already expired.

I opened the mmc console, added certificates for local and immediately found the certificate with matching thumbprint under

Certificates (Local Computer) -> Personal -> Certificates

Issued to SRV014.corp.dom, Issued by CORP-SRV04-CA

Expiration date was 4 days ago.

Issue is, I don't know how to manually renew this (if possible). CORP-SRV04-CA server is no longer in our environment.

I have option for request certificate with new key which pops up the certificate enrollment wizard. 2nd screen for requesting certificates shows Active directory enrollment policy

Domain Controller STATUS: Unavailable

Cannot find object or property.

A valid certification authority (CA) configured to issue certificates based on this template cannot be located, or the CA does not support this operation, or the CA is not trusted.

Stuck and can't seem to do anything. 2 questions are, what has broke or won't function with things in this state? Also how do I fix it or do anything with it when the server listed it's issued by isn't valid anymore and was recycled probably 6 months ago?

Thanks for any help.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom