Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.

K

KikiPC

Greetings, everyone! <3

I know there had been threads on this topic, but none of those helped me.

Here are my PC specs (mind you it's PC, not a laptop):

Processor: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R4+5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

Hard: 120 GB SSD

System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K

My OS is Windows 10 Home.

For quite some time my PC has been shutting down randomly. I would leave it idle and come back to it shut down. The startup would take a few minutes longer, which made me assume that it had shut down forcefully.

Then I tried to put it to Sleep and it shut down. The same thing happened when put to Hibernate. It simply shuts down!

I checked my Power & Sleep Settings and all seemed fine: "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes".

I checked the Additional power settings -> Change when the computer sleeps -> Put the computer to sleep after: 30 minutes.

I even changed the advanced power settings, i put value "0" in the field "Turn off hard disk after ____ minutes". Nothing seems to work!

Also, the ASUS BIOS is just... Can't even explain how confusing...

I have read many times something about IMEI, but I don't quite understand it. I searched for it in my Device Manager anyway and I don't even have it. Do I need that? I do not want to risk downloading and installing drivers that I'm not familiar with. Explanations on IMEI are far from comprehensible to me.

This started happening suddenly. I'm not sure whether there was an update before it started, but it messes me up. I need it so much for the work and I just have to leave it unattended many times a day, where the Sleep option comes handy.

Please help. ;_;

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom