Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

A

AgustínBulzomi

It first happened half an year ago... my Cougar Revenger mouse stopped working properly: everything was fine except the left button and the wheel. From time to time it would suddenly work again, but after a moment those two parts stopped responding.

After two weeks without any solution from Cougar, I was about to give up. I knew it was a software issue, but couldn't figure out what it was. I had tried EVERYTHING: I'm not talking "reinstall mouse driver, rollback driver, reinstall gaming software, reinstall Windows", I did A LOT. Tough weeks. Suddenly, November update popped up and it was simultaneous: I installed it and the mouse worked perfectly ever since. Not a single problem... until ten days ago.

I tried the mouse in other computers and it works. Also, I enabled Windows fast startup and, if the mouse is not working, when shuting down the computer and turning it on that way, the mouse works for less than 5 seconds until the problem begins again, so it's a Windows software issue. When I restart, the mouse stops working after more time, randomly. Is there a way in which I can know what happened in the back so I can check which background process, service or whatever happens the second it stops working?

I've heard about Clean boot and disabling services by groups until you spot THE one but it takes a lot of time so I wanted to check other options first.

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom