Windows 10 Sucks! Can a new Windows be released? Open-source? Just called "Windows"?

A

AvidDisneyFan2020

Time for a rant!

This is getting ridiculous! Windows 10 sucks already! All the annoying mandatory upgrades (particularly without the user's consent), advertising, privacy issues, and automatic installation of unwanted apps! At first, I thought Windows 10 was going to be everything I wanted it to be, and that at some point, Microsoft would want to shift its focus from Windows 10 to a successor version, probably simply called "Windows" with no unique version name. But, no! Microsoft is going full speed ahead with Windows 10, and continuing to release new upgrades twice a year, which I'm beginning to get a little tired of, because I have to upgrade my systems after that time. And, every time I request a feature (like I want the OOBE First Boot to be very elaborate, with theme music (remember Windows XP?) and OEM customizations (like a logo, custom background, activation of pre-installed anti-virus, etc.; just like with Windows XP as well) that the user setting up their new computer would enjoy), Microsoft doesn't even listen! It's just ridiculous!

So, I am now at my Wit's End, and I don't know what to think of! But what I think of, is that it is high time for Microsoft to start working on a new version of Windows that would be community-driven, and (best-of-all) open-source. And, with that, I think it is also time for ALL historic versions of Windows (Windows 1.0 through 8.1 - Windows 10 in the future, due to existing support) and, maybe all versions of MS-DOS (v1.25 through 2.00 already open-source). And, with a new Windows platform, we can build a better Windows experience.

I am so hopeful that Microsoft would have a change of heart, and start announcing these changes after Windows 10 20H2 gets released.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom