DirectX Instalation Issue

M

Mihails Sokolov

Hello,

Recently I recovered my windows and after that I started to have some issues, particularly with DirectX instalation.

As of now I tried 3 games, VALORANT required me to drop dx .dll files to games directory and started working on it's own, Project Winter worked fine but I have no clue whether it requires the Dx at all and lastly CS:GO, where steam was doing first time startup with attempt to install DirectX with later on just shutting down the game and leading to nothing. So this is where the rabbit hole begins:

1. I try to simply install dxwebsetup.exe which says Installation Failed at the end with a prompt saying : "An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem.

2. From that point I start trying different solutions, I install directx_Jun2010_redist.exe which leads me DXSETUP.exe in a folder with a bunch of different version archives, DSETUP.dll and dsetup32.dll. All of that leads to the same result as point 1.

3. I run administrative CMD trying 2 different commands in order: sfc /scannow and CHKDSK /R /F to no avail or change.

4. I reinstall my graphic driver (uninstall from Device manager and then reboot (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)) again no change.

5. I go to my Registry (Path COMPUTER\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX) and modify binary data of InstalledVersion File to

08 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 (As suggested by other guide) restart my pc and no change.

6. I run NetFxRepairTool.exe to no avail too.

7. I go to SysWOW64 and delete DirectX folder, after which I can use dxwebsetup.exe but the problem with CS:GO still persists, will run a test with reinstalling VALORANT and not putting .dll files (RunTimeFix) into the game.

Question: Now to what I want to figure out is: Do I have an issues with DX at all? Does dxwebsetup.exe return an error like that when you have a successful version already present? What other steps can I do to fix the issue at hand?

This is what the latest logs said:

[06/15/20 03:57:43] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2234, function: RegisterDLL

Failed API: LoadLibraryEx()

Error: (193) - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Unable to load C:\WINDOWS\system32\xactengine2_0.dll.
--------------------
[06/15/20 03:57:43] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5861, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn
RegisterDllFromSection() failed.
--------------------
[06/15/20 03:57:44] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn
DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.
-------------------
[06/15/20 03:57:44] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX
InstallPlugIn() failed.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom