latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook email she hasn't used in over 10 years

J

JLundberg65

Hello,

The owner of our company has been locked out of her computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I wasn't there. It came up and wanted her to verify her account. It referenced an email that hasn't been used in probably 10 + years. We use our company email.

She tried to follow the prompts to reset password with no luck, I just tried to see if I could reset the account using the outlook PW reset and selecting the email subjects, credit card info etc. and I'm waiting to see if the info will be close to reset the outlook PW. It probably won't because the several current emails she sent that I used are from the email address that she currently uses not the outlook one so it really won't have anything to verify to.

What can I do? I haven't been there for a while due to Covid-19 but I can go there before she gets there or bring her computer to my house where I am working remotely. since not being there I haven't been able to back up her system and I would hate to lose here files. I can reformat as a last resort.

Why did it ask to verify her account using an email that is not used?

John

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom