Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

• Thread starter I will try 2 help :)
  • Start date
I

I will try 2 help :)

about 4 days ago i received the windows 10 v2004 may update on my gaming PC in windows update (i didnt force the update in anyway , it just came up in windows update) & since microsoft is blocking the update for unsupported systems or the systems that might have problems with the update i felt that it's okay to install it and believe me i have never been so wrong in my life .

i have a mid-range gaming PC which im using as a main entertainment device in my living room along with a 65 inch 4k monitor and a windows 10 dell tablet which im using to type this , my tablet said that its not ready for the update and its okay for me.

my PC worked great for the first day after the update , the second day while i was browsing my files in windows explorer my pc crashed with green lines all over windows explorer and stayed like that until it turned off after that , i switched it on and it booted normally this happened about 3 days ago so i just ignored and i said that i will just wait until quality updates fix the bugs and make things better , today i was watching a movie in full screen and after it finished and i closed the window , i got 2 notifications :

1- windows defender : malware service has stopped and virus protection is not working (something like this since i don't memorize that exact phrase.

2- fix drive errors (with a red cross)

i clicked on the first one which took me to windows defender which suggested to restart the service and it just got stuck at that , and then clicked that second one which just vanished without doing anything and i ignored it since i know there are bugs with this update so i restarted my PC and now it will not boot at all no matter what i do.

everytime i start my PC , i get into windows repair bootloop which basically i tried every option that is there and nothing worked , so i disabled automatic repair startup using CMD from the repair list , and restarted my PC and got the following BSOD on start up :

Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing, or corrupt.

File: \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

error code : 0xc0000098

the problem is that i have 250 GB SSD which is small in storage so i was stupid enough to delete previous windows installations and restore points because i have so many files and apps and i needed space .

what i tried so far :

1- startup repair : didn't help

2- safe mode : doesn't work because i get the same error

3- system restore : no restore points

4- previous windows : i was stupid enough to delete that so it will not work and of course i tried anyway.

5-system image : i don't have

6: Windows USB Installation media : tried that and used all the repair options and nothing helped at all , i just get the same results.

7-CMD : tried SFC SCANNOW command - no help

tried DISM command - no help

tried CHKDSK command f and r

and a bunch of other commands i found on the web but no help also.

i've had this PC since 2 years and i have never ever had any BSOD or boot failure before at all , even one BSOD i didn't see , it even didn't crash before at all .

Specs:

CPU : Intel Core I7 4770K

GPU : Nvidia GTX 970

RAM : 16 GB

MOTHERBOARD : MSI Z97 GAMING 7

SSD 256 GB ALONG WITH 2 TB HDD

my SSD is fine it's detected in windows installation process with the used space and i can access it using CMD from the repair list in windows recovery.

Im trying to avoid formatting since i dont want to go through all the setup process again and installing drivers and apps since i have tons of apps installed that i use and they all big and take a long time to install , specially paid engineering apps (im an engineer) , also because this is my main entertainment device hooked to my TV and i have tons of games installed with the bother of optimization and saved games.

i've tried every possible solution that i know,,

what should i do , is this fixable or im screwed ?

Thanks in advance,,

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom