Win 10 update 2004 - Cannot print document

T

trumpy81

GDay All,

I have an issue printing to my wireless printer.

My computer is dual boot with two versions of Windows 10 installed, 2004 and 1903. After updating one installation to 2004 I cannot print to my Brother DCP-J315W printer any longer.

It appears that the document is sent to the spooler and is almost immediately removed from the queue without actually printing.

I can also see this by moving the mouse over the printing icon in the system tray, moving the mouse away then immediately moving back over the icon. At first it will display 1 document in the queue then immediately after moving the mouse it displays 0 documents in the queue.

I have tried diagnosing the printer by downloading and running Printerdiagnostic10.diagcab. It reports "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".

I tried uninstalling the printer drivers and then re-installing, to no avail.

I tried removing the contents of C:\Windows\System32\spooler\Printer, there were none.

I tried restarting the spooler service.

I am attempting to print a .pdf file using Edge, Chrome and Firefox, they all fail.

I can successfully print using the same document and browsers to my Samsung CLP-510 USB printer, but not the wireless Brother DCP-J315W printer.

I can also scan a document successfully using the Brother DCP-J315W printer on Windows 10 2004, which shows that the wireless connection is not at fault.

If I boot into Windows 10 1903 I can successfully print to the Brother DCP-J315W using the same browsers and document with no issues at all.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Regards

Andy M

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom