Windows cap video at 30 hz

X

xardus

Hello everyone, i recently discovered that i never reproduced a video at real 60hz refresh rate, i bought a week ago my first smart tv and...wow now i see how 60hz should be, i tried almost everything i can to let it works but they dont, meanwhile with javascripts, games and gif i correctly see 60hz image refresh.

This happens no matter wich video i take, from a file on pc or streaming via youtube, netflix (both app and browser), prime video, same video file on pc rendered directly from tv with shared folder correctly display at 60hz so its not video source.

Only videos that are not capped are in youtube when u have 60fps in resolution or a native 60fps video, i used tons of video with 48 hz like i think netflix and other streaming use but still capped at 30fps, i feel strange that a tv or a chromcast can play a 48hz video smooth and nice and windows cant

I used slowmotion videos to see the differences and with windows i see exactly half refreshing than on tv with the same 48hz video like pannel is refreshing at max rate

even a 30fps video looks smoother when decoded by tv, i dont know what to think, its like a tv or a cast hw can upscale video refresh rate while windows with a iper hw cant even play smoother with 1hz difference between monitor and video source

-resolution setted at 4k @60hz in nvidia pannel too, tried 1 dp 1.2 monitor, 1 oled tv with hdmi 2.1 cable, full hd tv @60hz with hdmi 2.0 and 2.1 cable

-Ryzen 2600x (but also on my old i5 was the same), rtx 2070 but also with 1050ti

-every driver is up to date,gpu cpu bios chipset all sata\ide drivers and so on (i use pc as media station since 2006 so with many many drivers)

-yeah i installed 4k codecs and hevc also, but also happens in fhd videos

-players used :Wmp,foto and video, chrome,edge,vlc,5k player,power dvd (the only with right hdr colours lol), mpc-be with dozens of different settings, netflix app (i dont have 4k plan on netflix so confirm that is not an hevc\h264 only problem)

What i tried to fix the issue :

-Scaling monitor\tv resolutions : 2k and fhd no changes

-Use only 1 monitor : no changes with just 1 connected with every monitor\tv

-Enable\disable Gsynch : no difference

-Scale monitor refresh rate : no changes or macro stuttering 60,59,50,25,24,23hz

-Force monitor at 59,975hz : no changes

-move videos on nvme : no changes (well streaming are not even on hdd lol)

-change on nvidia pannel videos settings to "nvidia settings" : no changes but in some player better colours

-change hdmi cables : no changes, used 2.0 and 2.1 on 2 different tv (monitor has his own 1.2dp)

-Change audio device : Creative Ae5, inbuilt realtek no changes

-Disable audio in app (vlc only tested) : no changes

-different video format (avi\mkv) at different quality : 4k and fhd no changes (Same on streaming)

-Format pc : LOL i did many times in last months and also just did it again

-disable enable xbox stuffs : no changes (it works when have problems with games but i dont have any)

I tried with some browser hz tests and i correctly see on monitor images are rendering at right speed but i also know that are totally different processes than render a video.

of course i always used nvidia gpu to render and not cpu, windows powerplan is on extreme .

Please..dont ask me if i setted monitor on 60hz as everyone ask without read my tests lol

Any kind of help will be very appreciated (on nvidia forum and localised windows forum seems noone ever noticed this)

Thx in advance :)

Edit : forgot to say that its the same if video is in full screen or windowed ;)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom