Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing (google drive, google chrome, microsoft edge etc,)

H

harisshah1

Hello,

On about May 10th 2020 my HP Elitebook 840 G3, there were some updates in the HP support assistant upgrade section, I installed them (cos I'm an idiot and trust everything HP do),

from immediately after my computer had lost a lot of files and stopped syncing, I tried a system restore, but for some reason it did not have a starting point before May 10th 2020 (I have been using this computer for 2 years now)?? I then tried a system reset, but still my files were lost in the registry.

since then my google drive does not sync, I have to re-sign in every time I turn on the computer.

Also my google chrome keeps saying paused in the corner and I have to re-sign in on all my mail, when I close the browser window again it says paused. I have tried all fixes to this ( including added google chrome to my exemptions under cookies and browsers section in settings)

Yesterday I contacted Microsoft support and they suggested i reinstall windows (install and upgrade I think), so I did do that and re-signed into my google drive, chrome and yahoo accounts, it worked well, including all the passwords were being suggested.

But when i turned off the computer last night and turned it on today, again I was logged out of all accounts?! so I have to login to my google drive, chrome, Microsoft edge accounts every time?

So why is my computer not syncing? please help as this is sooooooo annoying.

I see online in many articles that this is a new bug that many users are having after the recent windows update.

Also, is there any way of getting back my lost files that I lost on may 10th 2020, before the dreaded HP update killed my computer, self-esteem, livelihood, children, country, etc,..

thank you bold Microsoft warriors for any help!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom