Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence

Z

ZackSarconi

Songs burned to CD have started playing out of sequence on my home stereo system. That didn't use to be the case. I burned several CDs and they played in sequence, but recently on every CD I burn the songs play out of sequence. The stereo display refers to the songs as sorted into different folders and also the MP3 light is lit up. What might have changed? It used to be very simple: I'd create a playlist, burn to CD and it played in sequence. But not any more.

I don't know if it's related to this message below that I've been receiving or if this is a separate issue:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly".

This message comes up when I click-and-drag the first song to the Playlist to be burned (and an X appears on the left of that song title on the playlist). The message nor the X appear on any other songs added to the Playlist. The song with the X next to it burns anyway so not sure why the message says it cannot be played.

What is meant by "sound device"? Speakers? Headphones? I don't have either or anything else plugged into my computer tower. What would be a "sound device installed on (my) computer? How would it be in use by another program?

Is it possible that the Windows Media Player installed on my computer is defective?

Any useful information anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom