How to block any incomming and outgoing ip traffic for given ip ranges with Windows 10 Firewall?

Y

-YB

Hello

I want to block any tcp/ip communication between my Ii-System and some ip ranges. The reason is, that I like to use Edge, which has a google core now, and I do not want my computer system to communicate with google at all.

I already wrote a program, which extracts all ip ranges, I would like to block. I would like to use the standard windows firewall.

Just adding a blocking rule for those ip ranges with all ports, applications and protocols did not work sufficiently. Even if I switch of all outgoing rules, by default, anything should be blocked, I can still connect to the internet and visit google pages. But I do not want to send any ip package to one of those blocked ranges at all. And I do not want to respond to any request send from an ip address within those ranges.

Which order of rules is used within the windows firewall? If something is forbidden by one rule and allowed by another, which rule has priority? Is there a debugging possibility with more details than the log, where the decision for ip packages can be monitored?

Remark: I do not want to discuss my decision to block google out of my life, I just want to know, how to block the communication to any given ip range.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom