How to show 'Empty recycle bin' when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon

J

Jesus Damas

Hi,

I installed a software called JetClean and JetBoost, freeware and similar to CCleaner. It added some options when right-clicking in the Recycle bin icon ("Empty with JetClean" or something like that).

And that was OK. However, I install and run Malawarebytes Antimalware and it told me that JetClean was a virus/malware, so I proceeded to delete all trace of it, and it caused some changes in the recycle bin.

Although it keep working fine (i.e. sending files to recycle bin when deleting or recovering them), the empty and full recycle bin icons in desktop were substituted by a blank icon. I tried to recover the icons in settings|themes|desktop icons setting, but it didn't work. Then a did a google search and followed some instructions adding/changing some registry lines and at first I managed to change the blank icon with the empty recycle bin icon (been the bin empty or full) and at last I managed to get both empty and full recycle bin icons working properly.

However, the 'Empty recycle bin' option is not shown when right-clicking on the recycle bin icon. In fact I couldn't access to the recycle bin properties right-clicking on the icon and choosing the properties option (it told me that I have no permissions), which apparently was solved doing the registry thing, but the 'empy recycle bin' option is still not showing. This applies for the icon in the desktop as well as the icon in the file explorer, and I neither have the option of emptying the recycle bin in the task bar when opening it in explorer (it only shows the typical options for any other folder), so the only way for emptying the recycle bin is open it in explorer, select the files, and pressing 'supr'.

So, please, can anybody help me to restore the Recycle bin as it is supposed to work? Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom