Documents and files, folders, images etc. on Desktop are still missing even after logging out of Temporary profile in Windows 10

M

Muanlal Ngaihte

The problem aroused on 23rd June 2020 when I switched on my laptop after a recent update. The problem was that it logged on as a Temporary Profile (note that it is Windows 10). Facing this problem for the first time, I was unaware that it was a Temporary Profile and just blamed on the new update for the missing Documents and Desktop files and folders. I tried to undo the windows update by trying to uninstall it and although I wasn't successful in uninstalling the latest Windows 10 update, I was able to uninstall a few updates of the old ones (thinking that it might've helped solve it). Anyways as it wasn't the cause of the data loss, it didn't help at all.

Skipping to a few days later to 26th June, I finally figured out the root of this problem i.e. I was logged in to a temporary account and I accidentally deleted the Registry data with of my user (the one with .bak) and as expected, it didn't fix the problem at all. Now using system restore point I was luckily able to go back to the time before I deleted the Registry user with the extension .bak . Now I deleted the extension (.bak) and it fixed the problem. However, having messed things up in the past, my Documents and data on my Desktop are still missing. Please help me find a way to fix this ASAP. I have important Documents (church related).

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom